Help in Brief
Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe is a German, Bonn-based the working in the fields of emergency assistance, transitional aid and helping people towards self-reliance. It was founded in 1981, which marked the beginning of efforts to deliver aid to people in distress. Over the years, our projects have expanded, and nowadays, in 2019 Help’s activities are targeted at people in need in 23 countries.
Following the principle of ‘Help towards self-reliance’, Help supports the efforts of those affected to improve their living conditions through their own means and for the long term, and to reduce the vulnerability of communities to further conflict or major adverse events. Humankind and the maintenance of dignity are always at the center of our activities.
Help Mission in the Republic of Kosovo began its operation during the emergency phase in Kosovo in 2000. After several years of pausing with activities in Kosovo, in May 2015, Help started with the project “Support to socio-economic stability through empowerment of micro business sector in Kosovo”. Currently, Help Kosovo is implementing the project “Support to socio-economic stability in the western Balkans region 2019-2020”. The overall objective of the program is to empower economically and socially vulnerable groups and enable social inclusion.
Intern Job description
Obligations and responsibilities related to the current project
- Support in the process of beneficiary selection and socio/economic assessment including home visits.
- Support in preparation of specifications of the requested equipment/material in cooperation with the beneficiaries.
- Support in distribution of the material inputs in accordance with the Help’s distribution procedure.
- Support in administration of beneficiary documents related to the project
- Supporting monitoring of all project components with the special focus on income generating activities supported.
Potential candidate should be / have:
- Student or possess University degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Relation, or other relevant fields
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong command of English
- A team-oriented person with professional and enthusiastic attitude
- User of MS Office—MS Access is an advantage according to our project activities related to data
- robust learning opportunities and experiences.
- Excellent coaching system
- Development of professional and interpersonal skills that will be valuable throughout the career
- Reference Letter
Send us your CV and Cover Letter at our e-mail address
Application deadline: 17.01.2020