Project “Support to socio-economic stability in the western Balkans region 2019-2020”
Supported financially by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the German Government, co-financed by the partner municipalities in Kosovo.
The overall objective of the program is to empower economically and socially vulnerable groups and enable social inclusion
Specific objectives of the program:
Specific Objective 1:
Decreased levels of poverty among economically vulnerable groups
Specific Objective 2:
Improvement of the treatment programs in correctional institutes and the process of re-integration into society
Specific Objective 3:
Better inclusion of Roma and vulnerable social cases in the society and migration prevention
In the Republic of Kosovo during 2019 & 2020 will be implemented the follow components:
- Grants for micro businesses, provision of 200 grants to seven municipalities
- Business and vocational trainings, at least 430 persons
- Support to three Correctional centres with equipment in the rehabilitation and re-socialization of convicts
Project: “Self Employment Training Program”
Duration: July 30, 2018 – October 31, 2019
The objective of this Activity is to foster youth employability and entrepreneurship for vulnerable and marginalized youth through the Self-Employment (SE) Training Program in the municipalities of Kacanik, Hani i Elezit, Viti, and Gjilan.
The SE program will consist of two components: a relevant “business training” course, followed by the provision of self-employment grants to a selected number of high-potential youth participants. Key partners in collaborating in implementation will include local municipalities, the MLSW and other relevant local organizations. Business trainings will be provided in each municipality for two groups of 25 participants. This adds to a total of 200 people. At least 32 selected participants will receive a self-employment grant of up to EUR 3,650, amounting to a total of 32 youth grantees.
Help, in coordination with relevant municipality representatives, will reach, recruit, train, and provide self-employment grants. In total, 200 young people will attend a five (5) day business training course and in each municipality, there will be two (2) groups of 25 participants. The training will cover:
- Generating and refining your business idea, start-up basics, how to register a new business
- Introduction to business plans, business plan building basics
- Market research and strategic planning
- Marketing for small business, small business promotion, and social media platforms
- Small business accounting and taxes.